- 4 small zucchini
- 1 lb sausage
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup fresh shredded Parmesan
- 1 1/4 cups marinara
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup shredded provel or provolone
- Fresh basil 4-5 leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13” casserole dish with olive oil cooking spray. Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller or metal teaspoon, hollow out the center of each zucchini leaving about 1/4 inch on the sides. Reserve the scooped out insides. Place them skin side down in the casserole dish.
- Brown sausage over medium heat. Coarsely chop the zucchini insides and add to the pan. Cook 3-4 minutes over medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Allow to cool 5 minutes and stir in Parmesan. Spoon sausage mixture into hallowed out zucchini.
- Spoon marinara over the top. Sprinkle with mozzarella and provel.
- Bake for 30 minutes and top with fresh torn basil leaves.
(Visited 102 times, 1 visits today)