Ingredients (for 6 servings):
• 6 medium russet potatoes
• 6 tablespoons salted butter
• 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
• 6 slices thick cut bacon, chopped
• 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, sliced • 1/2 cup greek yogurt or sour cream
• 4 whole green onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup pickled jalapeos (optional) • 1/2 cup guacamole (optional)
• 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (optional)
• 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Slice the potatoes thinly (about an 1/8 inch) without cutting all the way through the bottom.
Place the potatoes on a prepared baking sheet.
Carefully rub the garlic on the insides of the slices and then stuff the sliced butter between a few of the cuts.
Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
Bake until crispy on the top and tender in the middle, about 1 hour.
Meanwhile, cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and stuff the slices of cheese in between a few of the slits.
Grate any remaining cheese and sprinkle it over top of the potatoes.
Sprinkle on the bacon.
Return the potatoes to the oven until the cheese has melted, about 5 minutes.
Assemble the toppings and remove the potatoes from the oven.
Top with with sour cream and green onions. Add any remaining topping as desired!