1 pound ground turkey breast or ground turkey, see healthy
3 cups chopped onions
1 (18 oz) bottle of barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s
or Bull’s-eye original)
1 cup (8 ounces) tomato sauce, from a jar or can
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
8 Oroweat Sandwich Thins, warmed or toasted or 8 hamburger
buns, I used whole wheat bunsDirections
1. In a large pan or skillet, cook the ground turkey over
medium-high heat, stirring often to break up the lumps until
turkey is browned.
2. If using regular ground turkey, drain cooked turkey into a
colander and blot with paper towels. Return drained turkey to
pan. If using 99% fat-free turkey breast there isn’t any fat
to drain. You can just blot it with paper towels.
3. Place onions in a microwave safe bowl and cook in the
microwave for 4 to 5 minutes until soft.
4. Add cooked onions to turkey. Stir in barbecue sauce,
tomato sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil;
reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes. Stir
a few times while simmering.
6. Spoon the turkey mixture onto each sandwich thin or bun.
If you have any leftovers, this mixture freezes great.
Makes 8 sandwichesNutrition Facts
for 1 Skinny Sloppy Joe using Oroweat Sandwich Thin
0g sat fat
24g sugarSmartPoints value : 10
This entry was posted in Uncategorized.